Friday, July 1, 2011

Rage

So I have been reading these Rage Comics lately and I find them rather humorous.  I stumbled upon them whilst watching Batman Begins and have been reading them nearly every day since.  How I ran across them watching a movie is simple: Comic Book movie means there has to be a comic book app just filled with dark, old comics, or hell, even funny new comics.  In the "there's an app for that" generation I figured I could find a comic book reader chock full of comic book goodness.  This was not the case.  I did however, find an app for these Rage Comics and found myself kind of hooked.  The premise behind these short little monstrosities are simple: true life stories + happenings + fake life stories or whatever anyone wants to write equals a Rage Comic.  What I mean by "anyone wants to write" I mean anyone; and what is meant by Rage Comic is that they have to be a "rage" on something or about someone.  Any yoo-hoo with an idea, a keyboard, cut/paste and an itchy, clicky mouse finger can pen and post a Rage Comic. 

Now, I do not profess to being an expert in these comics, or the subculture they belong to, but I can say how damn funny they are.  Wherever they originated from is a mystery, don't think that I am going to be calling Fred and Daphnie to solve this though cuz I just don't care, but I must say they are a thing of genius.  They belong to an online society called "Redditors", peeps who frequent reddit.com forums.  Redditors, to me, seem like online Juggalo's in a sense.  Meaning I will never become a Redditor for the plain sake of principle, that principle being #1 you do not have to belong to something to belong and #2 well hell, you find a reason.  By Juggalo's I mean just that, freaking JUGGALO'S.  They act like a family, whoop-whoop is replaced with derp, barbecues are replaced by meet-ups and the masochistic hatred for each other is reserved for one another in the family.  It's social media meets ICP meets message boards meets Facebook.  Instead of liking you get upvotes which means yes, downvotes.  According to the comics Redditors spend hours on there, hate their bitch girlfriends, fap a lot, work retail, are young and old, live with their parents and hate outsiders.  Yep, freaking online Juggalo's, whoop-whoop bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment